Operational Status (Downtime)
All times are given in Centeral European Time (CET), that is GMT+1.
Blinkenshell Twitter If the entire site is down check for status messages on Twitter or IRC.
Internet connectivity loss for about 10 minutes or less is not reported here. Short connectivity outages are often related to either minor issues at the ISP or a DoS/DDoS attack and there's nothing I can do about that.
- 2009-07-10 04.00 - 19.10: Server unreachable, modem bugged out.
- 2009-03-05 16.15 - 16.25: Server rebooted (UPS problem?)
- 2009-02-17 19.00 - 22.00, 2009-02-18 00.00 - 08.50: Internet connection was down. Disruption in the power caused the modem to bug out twice.
- 2009-01-08 12.00 - 15.00: Kernel upgrade (Planned)
2008-12-25 12.49: UPS malfunction, server rebooted again
- 2008-12-22 10.00 - 11.30: Powerfailure, server rebooted.
- 2008-12-21 00.25 - 01.55: Powerfailure, server rebooted.
- 2008-12-18: planned maintanance. The ISP are going to move us to new access equipment (DSLAM). (Was down ~12.15 - 12.45.)
- 2008-11-25 08.00 - 09.45: Power failure (Upgrade work on the powergrid?)
- 2008-11-16 22.15: Reboot (kernel upgrade, PaX fix)
- 2008-08-17 09.30: Reboot (a process got stuck in interruptible sleep, kernel needed reboot)
- 2008-07-04 11.11 - 13.35 : Permanent fix for bad wiring problems from two weeks back.
- 2008-06-17 2008-06-18: Power failure, some problems with the wiring in the house. Power back at ~10 AM (semi-termporarily fix).
- 2008-06-11: Several hours of downtime (~08.30 - 19.00) because of a powerfailure and server not booting back up after.
- 2008-06-10: Several hours of downtime (~15.00 - 22.40) and server reboot because of a forest fire which lead to a longer power failure.
- 2008-06-09: Reboot at 12.05 CET, kernel messed up some process states and had to be restarted. Minor kernel upgrade also.
2008-02-23 - 2008-02-25: Internet connection down, ISP had to replace broken equipment. (blog post)
- 2008-02-22: Power failure, reboot.
- 2008-02-11: Kernel upgrade (see blog)
- 2008-02-02: Power failure between ~ 13.00 - 14.00. Server shutdown.
- 2008-01-31: Power failure between ~ 17.15 - 18.45. Server shutdown.
- 2007-11-26: CPU fan broke down (at about 05.00AM) and had to be replaced. System up again at 06.50AM.
- 2007-07-09: Power outage for ~30 mins at around 10 AM.
- 2007-06-10: The root filesystem got corrputed by the bad RAM. I had some big problems with this, but it's solved now. The server was down for quite some time, I had to really get to the bottom with this problem. I'm now 100% sure it was bad RAM, and that the new RAM (from my WS) is OK. Also, the PSU won't have to be replaced at this time.
2007-06-09: Big server problems! I've had to replace the RAM in the server (with some from my workstation as a temp fix), the system reports bad readings on 3.3V and 5V currents (probably need new PSU also!). Three kernel panics this night, should be a bit more stable now since I changed the RAM. Please consider a donation to support Blinkenshell and to cover for some of the expences for RAM/PSU!
- 2007-05-24: Network connectivity loss between ~13.30 - 14.30. Unknown problem at ISP.
- 2007-05-18: Shutdown at about 06.40, reboot at ~09.05. Malfunctioning UPS (?), disconnected now.
2007-05-09: Reboot scheduled at 00.00 CET night between 9 and 10:th. Kernel upgrade and system maintanance. (completed at ~03.00 on the 10th)
- 2007-05-02: Malfunctioning UPS incorrectly indicating battery low causing a reboot.
- 2007-04-19: Power failiure for about one hour, starting at 19.06. The server was shut down.
- 2007-04-16: Network down between 10.15 and 11.10 (CET) because some problems with a server at the ISP.
- 2007-02-16. Reboot because of malfunctioning UPS.